Friday 6 May 2011

I consider myself reasonably technological literate. Seems to a necessity in the world of music and education today. As a musician, I am of course on MySpace and Facebook and use musical software such as GarageBand quite regularly. The Internet is an extremely valuabe tool for the worldwide distribution of music and video and has enabled the layperson easy access to fundamental tools necessary for personal success.

As far as education goes, the quick access to information has made teaching significantly easier in my opinion. I can go online and within a minute be learning virtually any song. This has provided me with a more relaxing teaching atmosphere for both myself and my students. As far as technologies such as Youtube, Facebook, and so forth, they are both good and bad. If used properly and thoughtfully they can be a wonderful device for education and community interaction. Unfortunately, it can also be used for hurting others, as is seen time and again with cyberbullying.

Through this course I hope to develop a greater awareness as to the resources that are available online and just basically grow in my awareness of our online presence.
Best to everyone in ECMP 355! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Peter!

    I guess we are both taking ECMP355!

    I hope that I am one of those "cherished friends!" Haha.

    Your blog looks very nice!

    - Riley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Riley
    Great to be in class together once again! You are for sure one of my cherished friends! :)

    ReplyDelete