Friday 27 May 2011

My Journey of Networking

I suppose I am somewhere on my way in this area, how vague is that huh. I really don't know where I exactly on the networking spectrum. I'm on Facebook and MySpace, and just recently joined Twitter and Flickr. I know many people in the arts, especially the field of music which is my focus. I  don't really know how many of these people regularly blog, I can't see to many of my musician friends doing this, their time is more spent on practicing. It's pretty likely that many of the famous musicians have people blogging and talking on Twitter for them, there simply isn't that kind of time.
Five people that I know and network with, (for me so much of this still is on a personal level rather than through blogs and such. Most of my connections are on Facebook. However, I have made a few through MySpace.
Jennifer Yim-Rodier (we have recently, three weeks, started a vocal/guitar/piano duet). Connections are more personal, texting for example.
Deidre Baird (she was my professor last term and supervising teacher during my Pre-Internship at Campbell. I stay in touch with her mainly through Gmail.
Sam Minevich (excellent guitarist, son of Ed Minevich, 1st violin in RSO), connection with him is on texting basis.
Sarena Paton, I met her on MySpace, see http://www.myspace.com/sarenapaton
She's a classical vocalist, very good as well. Also added to my Facebook account. I really don't keep in contact very much though.
And of course Leah and Riley from our 355 class. Obviously we go to school together, have music in common and are friends. Leah and I pre-interned together at Campbell this passed semester and taught the choir as well as Visual Art and drama. Connection is mainly texting. Riley and I haven't had class together this Fall/Winter but have kept in touch via Facebook.
One other person I could mention is Jeff Straker. Connection is via Facebook. Always nice to hear what someone from back home (Wynyard/Wishart area) is up to. http://jeffstraker.com/

1 comment:

  1. Peter,

    I really like how you use a variety of spaces to build your connections. I hope you're continue exploring new spaces and new people. I'm currently working on building my network beyond North America. It's so easy to become geo-centric. As a musician, I"m sure you seek eclectic artists. That's important for us all.

    ReplyDelete