Wednesday 25 May 2011

Wordpress and uploading music

So after spending about an hour playing with Blogger and Wordpress with regards to music files the verdict is no on Wordpress, they want $20 to add this feature to my blog for one year, not worth it at this point. However I am gonna spend some more time with Blogger as there seem to be ways around this problem either through links or other sites that host your music files.

The following into was taken from Wordpress.com and talks about the space upgrade.


"The Space Upgrade gives you an additional 5, 15, 25, 50, or 100 gigabytes of storage space, and allows you to upload music in addition to imagesYou cannot upload audio files or music without the space upgrade.
To upload and embed videos directly onto your blog, you need to purchaseVideoPress. The new policy is active since May 6, 2009. All video blogs with active space upgrade before or on May 6, 2009 automatically received a 1-year free VideoPress subscription."

2 comments:

  1. Hey Peter,
    I struggled with this when I was adding my video blog. My solution, although I am sure there are others, was to upload my video on youtube and embedd it onto my blog. Just like I would any other youtube video that I found online... just that it is my video on my account now. Hope that helps!
    ~Marissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marissa has it right, there are many options when it comes to uploading and embedding media. youtube and vimeo are great for video and even something like archive.org is great for audio.

    ReplyDelete