Monday 13 June 2011

What's in a Name?

A name must be catchy, unique, interesting, thought provoking, reflective, passionate, empowering, and visual...right? Man is it ever hard to accomplish. We are (jen and I) looking to name our male/female Indie Folk duet. Went to name generators...especially the rock ones, they kind of really suck. I looked into what our names meant (jennifer means white fay) so I went looking into fairy names, combining her name with my middle name, I liked parts but most were like Moonbeam Butterfly and so forth.

Names we've thought of so far:

Pedals and Emeralds
Pedals
Ivory
Strings and Ivory
Strings of Ivory
Ivory Lilly
Stem of Thorns
Green Winter
White Spring
Lilly Fay
Organic Binary Code
maybe... Green Winter/White Spring

So were trying to do something that reflects the style of our music which is 1-2 voices, piano, 1-2 guitars and percussion. I was born in May so the Lilly and spring and green and strings are me while the Ivory, Fay, White belong to Jen.

Any thoughts out there in the virtual world?

thanks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment